Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Like As If It Couldn't Get Any Worse

Continued from Malcolm's blog (Part 8)

Kye Chin, Danly and I ran towards the safe house which was where the canteen workers used to work. Well, actually we were dragged by En. Sara, to be precise. En. Sara managed to barricade the area just enough to prevent the zombies from coming in fast enough, although that wont be enough at all. I could hear them were dragging their legs and swinging their bloody arms around.


"STAY HERE AND DO NOT MOVE AND INCH YOU HEAR ME?" he shouted in desperation.

We nodded our heads obediently and waited for the others to come in. Horrible thoughts were swirling around in my head. What if they have gotten bitten? And worse, what if they .....died and gotten trampled over like and ant? I shook my head as if to shake those thoughts away from me.


I sighed in relief as Malcolm and Terence and Dao Zhung were running towards us. But it never occured to me that it wouldn't get any worse than it has. As Malcolm and Terence entered in the safe house, Dao Zhung changed his mind and turned the other direction. He quickly grabbed another softball bat, holding one in each hand and started running towards the horde of zombies. "NOOOO! DAO ZHUNG!" Terence shouted in a panicky voice with wde, shocked eyes.


"DAO ZHUNG! YOU IDIOT! DON'T GO IN THERE! COME BACK!" I shouted. But, the sight of him was getting blurer and blurer by the minute. And he simply.....disappeared from view. I knew what was coming, but it was hard to believe it and I didn't want to.

I croaked while holding back my tears " Come.......back.."

En. Sara managed to snap back into reality in time while everyone else were still frozen in their place. He shut all of the entrances to the safe house and started to stacked chairs, tables and everything that he could use to prevent them from coming in.

One, by one we stared at Danly. And he felt our piercing glares at him. He looked bewilderedly at us all "W-what?" he said.


"YOU, YOU .........YOU!!" Terence lunged at Danly within seconds. " WHY THE HELL DID YOU SET OFF THE ALARM IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!? WHY THE HECK DO YOU WANT TO ACT COOL FOR JUST NOW?" He was gonna whack him in the face until Malcolm stopped him.

"This won't solve anything okay?" Malcolm said and stopped Terence's punch in time. Malcolm then punched Danly in the face and he fell onto the ground with a shocked face.

"Didn't you say it wont solve anything?!?!?!" Terence glared at him.

"I know I did. But heck, I didn't say I wouldn't," He smirked. "White" he added.

"Black" Terence gave him a look.


En. Sara was getting a bit crankier by the minute and just snapped "Terence, Malcolm you both had your fun already so why don't you start saving your own asses now and help me. And all of you, it wasn't his fault that it happen! Dao Zhung went off on his own accord and I don't want any of you to do that, you hear?" He looked at everyone of us "Do. You. Understand?"


We all nodded in unision and were too scared to talk back. Kye Chin and Terence were helping En. Sara pushing the fridge to the back door, yeap the fridge. Danly was still on the floor rubbing his wounds from the punches he recieved earlier on.


En. Sara saw Danly on the floor and snapped "Danly, get your ass of the floor and start helping". I pitied him a bit but I was a bit pissed off at him at the same time too. But heck, my anger doesn't last long. So I held out a hand and helped him up.


Malcolm was stacking up some remaining chairs on some tables that were pushed in front of the door. After everything was done, we waited for them to come. I was holding my stick which was a broken piece from a chair. There were some nail at the tip that would help me to whack them more efficiently.


"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" I heard a high pitch scream. My face went pale and it sent shivers down my spine.


"Pull yourself together Yen Ling!" Kye Chin said while shaking some sense into me.

I was wide eyed for a moment and managed to grasp reality again " Thanks Kye Chin. I needed that" I gasp.

"No problem..." She muttered.

Bang...bang...bang! The zombies were knocking themselves against the door. I could see the thick red contaminated blood of the zombies oozing into the safe house under the door. And suddenly, another loud bang came and it went SPLAT! They gave up for a minute. And we thought we were safe for a while. But, boy was I wrong.


It was quite for a minute and then....Bang bang bang bang!! More bangings than earlier on and more zombies came. Thud thud thud! Came large heavy dragging footsteps from the roof but the loud bangings didn't stop at all. Oh...no...They climbed up and they're gonna throw themselves into the roof AND they brought reinforcements Shoooooooot! I thought. Crack! They punched a hole through the roof and were gonna jump down into the safe house and try to attack us and bring us down one at a time. We prepared ourselves from zombies literally falling down from the sky, well roof anyway.


En. Sara muttered to us all "Get ready.."


We all tensed up, waiting for them to jump down. Hopefully, I thought they'll break their bones when they fall.....Nah, too good to be true. One of them were about to jump down but then they paused when that high pitched scream came again. We all covered our ears desperately trying to mute out the scream.


They were falling back. Every single one of them, like as if we weren't the targets anymore. One by one, they jumped of the roof and dragged their feet back, away from us and towards the basketball court. We all sighed in relief and started to think of a plan.


And then..CRACK! Down came the door and a shadow appeared....


My eyes went blurred with tears and I went running towards that shadow and gave a huge hug. "I HATE YOU AND YOU ARE AN ASS I TELL YOU! A STUPID ASS!!" I smiled.



To be continued.....

Sorry Danly XD had to do that to ya 8D Sorry ah Just a story. None of it is true XD

No comments: